I'm working as a Fish Culturist at Hidden Falls Salmon Hatchery in a remote spot near Sitka, Alaska! AM I CRAZY!? I'm starting to think so...

Monday, February 19, 2007

The moment you've all been waiting for!

TA DAHHHH!! Pictures... to see larger versions, click on the picture. Or you can click the link on the side for the Photo Album. I'm only going to be adding a few pictures at a time because we have a limited bandwidth space here as I said before. I'm just being safe. I'll put them on my blog always though so you can see when I add them! (Be sure to read the post after this one... I wrote it earlier today.)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I let my pet bald eagle fly around for the day. HA HA Just kidding... We were taking a walk and there he was... just hanging out. I've learned to recognize the "bald eagle" sound also so you can tell when they're flying around.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
This is the same view that the webcam gives you, minus the building. I was behind the building. It was a great day for pictures.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
This is one of my FAVORITE pictures I've taken so far. Such a pretty view over the town of Sitka. Right in the center is the Russian Orthodox church that the town is built around.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The thing I was looking forward to seeing the MOST when I got to Sitka! MOUNT EDGECUMBE!! It is an inactive volcano. It was dark when we got into Sitka, and I was hoping this would be the view when I looked out my window in the morning but it wasn't.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
This is from a further distance. Really there are two volcanos there... Mount Edgecumbe and a smaller one to the right. That is a bridge that connects two parts of Sitka together.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Those pictures are amazing. I'm jealous, I'd trade you places in a heartbeat. poop on you.

Anonymous said...

SUP PLAYA! Sorry I missed your IM earlier. I decided that since you can't be here for my birthday........you can just send me a bald eagle. Sound good? GREAT. =D

Anyhow, just caught up on all your posts and it sounds like its pretty neat-O up there. AND GORGEOUS! I'm jealous. But it was kinda warmer today.. It's 31 right now (at 5:11 AM because I HAVE INSOMNIA...) and the snow has pretty much been pouring off the roof! lol

OK SLEEP!

Anonymous said...

Hey, PS... my car got broken into this morning. THE ASSHOLES SHATTERED MY FRONT PASSENGER SIDE WINDOW, TRIED TO BREAK MY WINDSHIELD (its all cracked and shit now), TRIED TO STEAL MY CD PLAYER, AND BROKE A FRIGGIN HUBCAP IN HALF! I'm pissed. Insurance can't cover any of it.