I'm working as a Fish Culturist at Hidden Falls Salmon Hatchery in a remote spot near Sitka, Alaska! AM I CRAZY!? I'm starting to think so...

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Back at the Hatch

Hey everyone!

Well I'm back at the hatchery and so is Adam. We both arrived back around noon, he was just today instead of yesterday with me. :-D

Not much to tell right now, just posting that we're both good and got back safely. My layover in Seattle wasn't very much fun, but ehh, it's over. Just couldn't find a good, dark, quiet place to sleep. But I finally settled into a place that was somewhat quiet, but definately not dark. I'm pretty sure I was under a brand new fresh light bulb. But a nice flight attendant coming off his plane gave me a blanket and pillow from one of the desks so that helped out. Oh, and I ended up having an hour and 15 minutes in 'O Hare instead of 45 minutes. Guess that's what I had last time and just thought wrong this time. So I could have gotten food if I wanted to... but I was fine.

Today I was back to work. I spent the morning getting some round ponds ready for fish... spent the afternoon putting some brand new No-Pad incubators together. Nothing exciting... but I work tomorrow and then have a weekend. Talk about easing back into work... nice.

Anyhow, thanks for the concern. It was nice seeing everyone at home! I'll see you guys in December I guess... hopefully I won't be alone. :-D

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update, Rebecca...keep up on the good blogging. It was nice to have you back home, and now the house is too quiet again. Stay safe.
Love,
Mom