I'm working as a Fish Culturist at Hidden Falls Salmon Hatchery in a remote spot near Sitka, Alaska! AM I CRAZY!? I'm starting to think so...

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Pictures...

Hey, I don't have much to talk about this week, but I don't want you guys to get all antsy in your pantsy for a blog! So here are some pictures.

The weather has been pretty good (until the day we need to head BACK to Takatz, like last Friday... or today) but Adam decided to go fishing one day at Takatz, so I went out with him in the boat figuring I could read in the sun and we took the dog.

Photobucket
The view from the boat into the south arm of Takatz.

Photobucket
Tucker was fine while the boat was in motion... he likes to stick his nose high in the air and smell!

Photobucket
Even though the weather was nice at the floathouse, the water on the outside was a bit choppy. And we learned that dogs, too, can get a little seasick. Atleast that's what we think it was... he drooled alot and looked really sad. Make the picture a little bigger to really see the sad "I don't feel so good" eyes!

Photobucket
We also took the dog to the back of Takatz to run around on the beach. Adam really likes the rocks with the snow on it. The tide doesn't go up and over some rocks, leaving alot of snow. (Make the picture bigger, and the view looks better.)

Photobucket
Tucker finally settled down in "Seaweed Heaven" to have a bit of a snack. Oh how he loves Seaweed!

Photobucket
Afternoon sun + carpet = Tucker's second heaven! No other words really need to be said.

Photobucket
Heaven #3? This was last night... passed out while we watched a movie. I know, this is sort of bad behavior, but we are savoring the last moments that we can actually pick him up.

Photobucket
You are going to have to scroll down to the next picture to do a little comparison! This was today... the next picture was a month ago. He can't exactly get under the table like he used to! I though this was pretty funny... his butt hanging off.

Photobucket
See how little he used to be! This was at about 15 lbs. Now he's a little under 31 lbs. Doubled in size in a month!

Tucker says "Thanks for all the messages from last week!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that Tucker's face is so expressive, it is like you can tell exactly what he is thinking and feeling all the time.

All that snow on the rock is pretty cool too! Did you get any pictures of the porpoises you said you saw the other day?
Melissa

Anonymous said...

My god has he grown! I remember letting Sadie lay on me like that too. She would still do it now too if I let her.

DAD