I'm working as a Fish Culturist at Hidden Falls Salmon Hatchery in a remote spot near Sitka, Alaska! AM I CRAZY!? I'm starting to think so...

Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Greetings from the 49th state!

Happy 4th Everyone!!

As you can see, I made it back alive! My flights back went good. I spent a day and a 1/2 in Sitka and now I'm back at the hatchery, preparing for our 4th of July festivities. We did get to see some fireworks last night in Sitka. We being 3 other NSRAA people who live in town at the apartment (Chris, who worked in Takatz with me, Anna, who will be coming out to HF soon and was here some last year, and Glen, who works in Salmon Lake but worked at HF a few years ago)

I was a little worried that the flight wouldn't make it to HF today because it was pretty cloudy but we made it. Now I'm back with all these crazy folks that I did miss and we are kickin up the BBQ. The weather has cleared up some so hopefully we get our BBQ in and light off some fireworks later to end off the night.

Well, better go join the crew. I miss you all but it's good to be back. :-) Thanks for a great vacation home!

SHOUT OUT OF THE DAY - To Valerie, guess what... I came home! HA HA Now I can say it...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Must be some pretty interesting and enjoyable friends and work up there to be enjoying it so much. It was great to see you after so long, but I could tell you were sort of itching to get back. See.... after all that damn snow shoveling, I knew it would get better. Now I'm starting to be afraid you might like it so well, you'll want to stay. Well girl, follow your heart, stay true to yourself, and be happy! Love, your ole Dad!